Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Mordheim Possessed Chaos mutant conversion

A little blog post before I'm off to celebrate the new year. Although this is really simple conversion stuff, I felt it would do fine for a blog post. This is the stuff we all have lying around anyway, and in my humble opinion, you can get so nice end results with it. I'm no stranger to putty and Green Stuff, but honestly, most of the time it isn't really needed, or it's rather needed for some simple filling. It's mainly when you get down to the really specific conversion ideas, this stuff comes into play.

First off. I have a number of large bit boxes. All the leftovers from sprues gets sorted and put into these, and like all of you I'm drowning in spare parts. But anything mutated is always a treasured item. Then I have a number of lead leftovers, if someone has a trashed miniature, rather than it getting bin'ed I take it. Over the time I've also lost quiet a bit of items, and now I have quiet a selection of lead bodies lying arround. I was planning to do something with a minotaur body for a possessed, but body size vs bit size was an issue, so I found a 2006 version of a Bloodletter Champion where arms and head was gone anyway and opted for a Possessed warband Mutant Hero instead. Then off to the old plastic bits, these where from the old Hunchback Chaos Warriors which I quickly got rid off, but kept bits from. The parts included in these sets where actually really nice, despite the Chaos Warriors themselves being so horrible.

So a little clipping with the cutter, some glue, and this is what I got:

After painting he's ready to join the Warband.



Painted in a pale skin tone then washed with a mixed up blueish wash tone (blue wash is way too agressive, faded out with a grey wash mix). After that some water thinned layer painting, started from a Deneb stone. A little wet blending done on the mutated split arm, the claw is blended from the pale skin to red on the base color, then done a bit by hand during layer paint process. Some Milky eyes to top it off, with a subtle pupil dot. The wooden handle of the Hand weapon was washed and drybrushed, always works for me on wooden texture :)

The claws where painted brown first, basically the color visible on the part closest to the skin. Then mixed up with Bleached bone a couple of times, and each time some thin streaks a drawn over the previous part. Well it's hard to make out on a small claw, so to demonstrate it, I've done the same process on a Dragon Horn, and finally a Dragon Claw that had some texture to do some extra wash effect with which can be seen here:


So to finish this off, if you are a Chaos Collector of any kind, rummage through your bits and see if you can come up with some good ideas :)


No comments:

Post a Comment