Tuesday, January 19, 2016

WFRP Scenario Tales From Sylvania

Aany years ago I did alot of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (WFRP) material for various fanzines / magazines (The beloved Warpstone, Carnel, Le Grimoire, Saga etc.), Conventions, and was active on the WFRP Mailing list where GMs exchanged their writings with each other as well as having loooong discussions about our favorite RPG.

Later on I hosted a small WFRP web site with my works, which sadly doesn't exist anymore.

Since then alot of the stuff I did has vanished from the web, and the books and magazines are now long OOP and most likely impossible to obtain now.

From time to time I get asked about them, and it has always been my intention to put it up again. However I really want to polish some of it just a little bit - Remember that most content was posted as pure text on a mailing list. So what is taking so long... I guess I just get easily distracted by all the other hobby stuff I'm doing :)

Anyway, today I have a WFRP scenario for you, it's a classic called Tales from Sylvania (first draft was Letters from Sylvania), taking some heavy inspiration from the book Name of the Rose.

Three friends set out to investigate what has happened to a friend gone missing at an abbey in the highland of Sylvania. They must face a dangerous travel, a Sinister plot, the truth kept hidden from them, the puzzle of a Library, the risk of Inquisitors spoiling it all, and the lurking shadow of something far far worse than all that.

There's a reference in this scenario to my old Literature in the Old World tables. They are available in this blog post.

 Enjoy..

Tales from Sylvania (PDF)

Tales from Sylvania (Scribd)

No comments:

Post a Comment